Adam Olsen: Passionate community advocate.
Adam Olsen (SȾHENEP) loves his job as the Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Saanich North and the Islands. He was elected in May 2017.
Inspired by the incredible place and people he represents, Adam has a deep love for his home in the Salish Sea (W̱SÁNEĆ). As an advocate and facilitator, he is committed to improving public participation to strengthen all aspects of the community and the province.
Adam has always worked in his family businesses, garden maintenance and Coast Salish knits. The result of two decades in the service and communications sectors is the valuable experience in building relationships, connecting people, problems, ideas and solutions.
Born in Victoria, BC in 1976, Adam has lived, worked and played his entire life on the Saanich Peninsula. He is a member of Tsartlip First Nation (W̱JOȽEȽP), where he and his wife, Emily, are raising their two children, Silas and Ella.
Strengthening Trust in Government
- Attorney General (lobbying and electoral finance reform)
- Forests, Lands, Natural Resources and Rural Development
- Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation
- Jobs, Trades and Technology
- Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Tourism, Arts and Culture
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Chair (BC Green Party)
- Whip (BC Green Party)