Find the Constituency Office
10:00am - 4:00pm
The Saanich North and the Islands constituency office delivers exceptional service and is recognized as a leader in British Columbia in engaging the public and increasing participation in our provincial democracy.
We want a vibrant constituency office, a place to connect. A place for you to offer ideas, find solutions to our common challenges, and build strong community. We all pay for it and so it is truly your office.
Our approach is part service centre and part laboratory. My team helps you access services you need, the office is a space for people to gather, and additionally, we host community events. You can help us create a space for public participation in our democracy.
We can help if:
- You are a resident of Saanich North and the Islands
- Your matter is with a provincial government agency
- You have not already retained a lawyer to represent you, and your matter is not already pending before the courts
How we can help:
- Provide information on locating government services and contact information
- Assist in understanding government policies and services
- Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
- Ensure due process is being followed
- Attend community events
- Provide congratulatory messages
Please note that we are unable to:
- Offer you legal advice or assist you with legal action
- Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body
- Influence independent offices, such as the Ombudsperson, Police Complaints Commissioner, and Representative for Children and Youth
- Change the time limits for filing appeals
- Become involved in federal or municipal matters
We are hosting regular Dialogues in our office. Although the topic is chosen, the path of the conversation is up to people who attend. Join us to share your concerns, ideas and solutions. Find out about upcoming chats on the events page.
Twice each year we will host a series of Town Hall meetings in locations throughout the riding. The event will open with a 20 minute update about the ongoing legislative and constituency work, followed by a 70 minute question and answer. Join the newsletter to stay informed about upcoming Town Halls in your neighbourhood.
Our office is a public space for Saanich North and the Islands. It’s more than a space for me to conduct my local business, it is a space for us to gather, a centre for dialogue, and a laboratory for democratic participation.
Your office is available for you to use. We have a multi-purpose room with space for 20-25 people and a boardroom that can comfortably hold 15 people. If your community group needs a place to meet, feel free to book either space – as long as it’s not in use – it’s yours!
Send us an mail and we’ll find a time for you to use the space.
Chief of Staff
Aldous Sperl has an MA in Human Geography and a BA in International Relations. He has a keen interest in environmental and social policy in our province and has worked in the legislative offices of Andrew Weaver and Independent MLA Vicki Huntington. In his spare time, he is usually out on his kayak or in the mountains of Vancouver Island.
Aldous manages the office and liaises with the Legislative staff on provincial and local issues.
Ryan Clayton has a BSW from the University of Victoria. He has worked as a counsellor and a youth advocate in the past and is motivated by the desire to help others. He has served as the co-chair of the city of Vancouver’s LGBTQ committee, and recently as vice-chair of Saanich’s LGBTQ committee.
Ryan manages all casework for the office and is the first person you see as you walk in the door!